Novastar J6 Multi-Screen Splicing Processor
Based on a powerful FPGA processing platform, Novastar J6 supports the quick seamless switch of any input source and supports transition effects such as fade, etc., allowing you to experience more flexible screen layouts. In addition, J6 can work with the new smart management software V-Can to enable more screen splicing effects and better satisfy your needs.
Click to downloaNovastar J6 introduction
Novastar J6 Seamless Switcher Description
The J6 is a NovaStar high-performance seamless switcher that integrates video processing, screen mosaic, transition effects and multi-screen display capabilities. The J6 offers powerful video signal receiving and processing abilities and supports up to 8 inputs with resolutions up to 4K×2K@30Hz and 6 windows. Besides, this product supports two system modes: Splicer and Switcher. When it is in Splicer mode, a maximum of 4 DVI output connectors can be used together for output, which can realize an up to 8KK loading capacity of each J6 unit. When it is in Switcher mode, a maximum of 2 DVI output connectors can be used together for output, which can realize an up to 4KK loading capacity of each J6 unit.
Based on a powerful FPGA platform, the J6 supports input and output EDID management and color adjustment, seamless transition of a variety of input sources, as well as fade and other transition effects, bringing you a more flexible and rich visual experience.
What’s more, the J6 is equipped with NovaStar V-Can smart control software and C1 event controller, allowing for a rich screen mosaic effect via V-Can, C1 or front panel operations. With excellent image quality, ultra-large loading capacity and flexible operation modes, the J6 can be widely used in conference reports, exhibition centers, stage control and other application scenarios.
● Supports a wide range of video inputs divided into 4 groups with 8 connectors, including 1× HDMI (or VGA, or DVI), 4 × DVI, 2 × SDI, and 1 × DualLink DVI (or HDMI 1.4, or DP1.1).
● The input resolution of Input A supports 4K×2K@30Hz. Other inputs support 1920×1080@60Hz which are downward compatible.
● Supports 5 × outputs, including 4 groups with 8 DVI connectors for splicing output, and 1 × HDMI preview output.
● The preview connector supports preview of PVW, PGM and 8 × input signals.
● Output resolution is settable. The splicing width of 4 channels can be up to 15360×600.
● Up to 6 windows can be displayed simultaneously and the resolution of each window is up to 7680×1080@60Hz. J6 also supports one OSD of up to 4K×2K, which can be images or texts.
● The window position, size, etc. are adjustable, and each window can be added with borders of custom color and widths.
● Besides the 6 built-in preset templates, up to 16 user presets can be created and saved as templates. All the presets can be used directly and easily.
● Provides 21 transition effects to enhance and present images with professional quality.
● An intuitive color LCD on the front panel and clear button indicator lights simplify the system control operations.
● Supports Genlock synchronization, allowing you to choose any input source or external synchronization signal to achieve vertical synchronization.
Compatible with industry-standard video input connectors in the market
- DVI connector: 1920×1080@60Hz input
- HDMI 1.3 connector: 1920×1080@60Hz input
- 3G-SDI connector: 1920×1080@60Hz input
- DP 1.1 connector: 4K×2K@30Hz input
- HDMI 1.4 connector: 4K×2K@30Hz input
4 groups (2 connectors in each group) of DVI output connectors of a single J6 unit for mosaic output
Each group includes a main connector and a backup connector. A maximum of 4 connectors can be used for mosaic output. The mosaic layout can be 4×1, 1×4 or 2×2. The maximum loading capacity can reach 9,200,000 pixels and the maximum mosaic width can be up to 15360 pixels.
Dual system modes
The J6 supports both Splicer and Switcher modes, which can meet different application requirements.
Multiple window display
The J6 supports up to six 4K×2K windows with random layout. Each window supports cross connector output.
HDMI connector for output monitoring
- Supports monitoring of a single input source, PVW or PGM.
- Supports monitoring of all input sources, PVW and PGM.
- Supports displaying of input resolution and refresh rate.
Display control function
Allows you to black out or freeze the screen by simply clicking one button.
Supports input resolution management for DVI, HDMI and DP connectors.
In Splicer mode, the J6 supports setting of transition effect for source switching.
In Switcher mode, the J6 supports setting of Take effect and effect duration.
In Switcher mode, the J6 supports AUX setting.
The J6 supports capturing of input source and PGM, and the captured image can be used as BKG.
The J6 supports both image BKG and pure color BKG. You can save at most 6 BKG images.
Input color, window color and output color adjustable
You can create at most 10 custom presets and load the preset simply by clicking one button.
Window template management
The J6 is built-in with 7 window templates. You can load one of the window templates to quickly lay out the windows.
Multiple operation modes
You can operate the J6 via its front panel, the V-Can smart control software or C1 event controller.
Visualized color LCD screen and distinct button indicators on front panel, simplifying system control operations